Bank Secretary, General Counsel & Corporate Affairs
The Bank Secretary, General Counsel and Corporate Affairs Division has three units namely the Bank secretariat, General Counsel and Communications & Corporate Affairs. The roles of the three units are stated below.
Bank Secretary’s Department
The Bank Secretary’s role includes-
- Producing accurate, timely, consistent and reliable stakeholder reports
- Providing advice on the laws and regulations governing the Bank business and the Bank’s procedures, as well as monitoring compliance on a regular basis and reporting to the Board;
- Ensure adherence to sound corporate governance principles and practices aligned to international best practices.
- Preparing agenda and requisite documents for the Board of Directors Meetings
- Arranging Board of Directors’ Meetings and other corporate meetings such the annual strategy review workshops
- Preparing minutes of the Board of Directors Meetings,
- Monitoring implementation in accordance with resolutions of those meetings
- Coordinating between the Board of Directors and executives.
- Ensures the existence of an enabling legal framework at all times
- Provides legal advice to all Divisions of the Bank’ and its subsidiaries
- Checks the credibility of security documents presented by stakeholders.
Communications & Corporate Affairs Department
- Produces an ideal corporate image for the Bank, which nurtures public confidence and acceptance of Bank policies
- Ensures that Bank events are held following requisite protocol.
- Communications, Media and Public Relations