Head Office Address:
2nd Floor, Old Mutual Centre,
Corner Third Street/Jason Moyo Avenue,
Telephone: +263 - 4- 253801-7, 752864/8, 752852/9
Fax: +263 - 4- 758076
Telex: 22115 SCBHAR ZW 26090/26325
Type of bank: Commercial Bank
Date of establishment: 1892
- 1853 -Chartered Bank is incorporated in England by the Royal Charter.
- 1862-Standard Bank is incorporated under the banner Standard Bank of British South Africa Limited.
- 1892-Standard Bank established a pioneering presence in Zimbabwe (then Southern Rhodesia). The first 'branch' was located in a bell tent in Bulawayo.
- 1901 -The bank expanded into Malawi
- 1906-The bank expands operations to Zambia
- 1911-Operations are extended to Kenya
- 1962- Standard Bank of South Africa Limited was renamed The Standard Bank Limited, and transferred its South African business to a locally incorporated subsidiary which retained the former name.
- Standard Bank of South Africa Limited lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- 1965-Growth of the bank was boosted by the acquisition of the Bank of West Africa in 1965 with more than 90 branches in Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and Gambia
- 1969-Standard Chartered Zimbabwe in its present form arose from a merger of Standard Bank and Chartered Bank in 1969.
- 1983-In 1983, the bank was locally incorporated. Prior to that, Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe Limited operated as a branch. Two other group companies previously operated in Zimbabwe Standard Chartered Merchant Bank of Zimbabwe Limited and Standard Chartered Finance Zimbabwe Limited were registered as financial institutions. The former’s operations were absorbed into the commercial bank and the accepting house licence surrendered. The latter company was disposed off to the Zimbabwe Development Bank (ZDB).
- Standard Chartered Holdings ( Africa ) 88%
- Standard Chartered Holdings (International) 3%
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc UK 9%
Chairman: Mr. S. Rushwaya
Chief Executive Officer: Mr. R. Watungwa
Auditors : KPMG Chartered Accountants
Number of employees: 645
Number of branches : 21